Tuesday, 9 June 2015

My Media Exposure

My Media Exposure


MEDIA EXPOSURE

When I first got this topic to write about I knew I could write so much about this because I been exposed to media a hell of a lot more than back in the day when broadband wasn't a thing, the only place for that Was the TV which has nothing on it at all and radio which wasn't the best.
When I look at the present I can tell you the big changes, first was my Pc which is like my HQ for my media then there my smartphone whenever I'm out and finally the Xbox to play online with mates. These would be my 3 main exposures I can also tell you that TV and radio are history for myself why watch something that someone has chosen while you can do what you want to do.



The very first thing I do when I wake up is get my phone and check up on the current news local and international. What I like to do a lot is look up both western and eastern news sites so I can see two sides to a story which in itself is two different ways of media a perfect example of this would be the ongoing Suitition in Ukraine, America Vs Russia, the new cold war the west are calling it and Russia is listening to the people. I like to say I can control these medias by making my decision on the facts.
RT NEWS (EASTERN)


USA TODAY (WESTERN)



When I get my full doss of news I go onto my PC and check up on Facebook, Gmail, Liveleak and plenty of others stuff when going through these sites I get full of media adverts which I'm not a big fan of at all so I use this handy extension I use on my browser called Ad-Blocker which stops all pop-ups and all adverts around the sites I visited it's probably one of the best things out there and it free it probably the main reason why I don't watch tv is for all the adds.






For platforms, I use mostly two things Spotfiy which is an online music library that I can use on my phone and Pc, the other is Steam a great way to buy games anywhere all you need is broadband and Pc. When first using Spotify I had a free membership which requires adverts and you had no access to the phone which wasn't great so I decided I would actually invest 10 euro per month and now I couldn't ask for more good quality music  which supports my bands and stops advertisements.
For Steam it pretty much the same as a Game shop open 24/7 with all the latest titles with sales going on all the time never selling out. I also use their phone app which is Useful if i'm away and there a sale on, but I think the great concept of this platform is if my Pc breaks down you don't have to worry about losing the games because once you purchase it you can download again as much as you like.




Finally as a Conclusion I like to say that there is a lot of media exposure in my life, but I like to know that i'm in control of how that happens and not going along like most normal user would be.



No comments:

Post a Comment